Re: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas -- web publi cation in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-15 14:32:53
Hi Bert,

on 2005-11-15 17:55 Wijnen, Bert (Bert) said the following:
smb writes:

CVS?  Should the Secretariat make CVS archives available to WG
document editors?  I've written a book and many joint papers via CVS;
it works very well for line-oriented ASCII input, whether XML, LaTeX,
nroff, or what have you.

I think such a service would be a GREAT service for our WGs and document
editors/authors. Has the tools team looked at it at all?

No, we've not looked seriously at this.  It should not be too hard
to set up as a stand-alone service, but it would be a bit more work
to integrate nicely with the work-group pages.  Which is no reason
at all not to start out with a simple stand-alone service :-)

We'll have a look at it.

Regards,

        Henrik