Re: ASCII art

2005-11-18 15:51:39

On Thursday, November 17, 2005 07:30:34 PM -0500 Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

On Thursday, November 17, 2005 03:22:58 PM -0800 Lee Mahan
<lmahan(_at_)designwest(_dot_)com> wrote:

I've been quiet through this discussion and its various offsprings, but
now I just have to say very well done Paul.  It doesn't matter what you
use for your diagrams if your prose is poorly written.

Nor, really, does it matter if your prose is well written.

On reflection, it occurs to me that the above statement may be ambiguous.

Lee pointed out that if your prose is poor, the diagrams really don't matter much.

My point is that if your prose is good, the diagrams _also_ really don't matter much.

-- Jeff