Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art)

2005-11-30 12:20:44
Making the xml source available is a boon for those working on
subsequent revisions of a document. Many of the RFCs and I-Ds I've
worked on have been derivative of earlier RFCs, and having an
authorative source format available helps that considerably. Since I
grok nroff, I've been able to make good use of the nroff source on
occasion, and the RFC Editors have sometimes (in non-crunch-time
situations) been quite happy to provide that. I'd much prefer having the
source files available at all times so I didn't have to ask them, or
make do without during those crunch times.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com