Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

2005-12-04 10:25:18
At 11:52 PM -0800 12/3/05, Doug Ewell wrote:
Perhaps it's just me, but I find it bizarre that the question of limiting RFC text to ASCII vs. UTF-8 is being conflated with the question of limiting RFC illustrations to "ASCII art" vs. other graphic formats. I don't think the two have anything important in common.

It is not just you. Every time any change is proposed to RFCs on this list, every desired change is conflated, and they all instantly achieve MUST status, and the IETF are idiots for not having done it five years ago. Maybe it will be the same for our grandchildren.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium