Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

2005-12-03 11:20:45
At 05:24 03/12/2005, Ted Faber wrote:
IETF standards documents reflect the consensus of the IETF participants at the time of submission to the publication queue. People who believe an IETF standards document represents other things are misinformed.

Ted,
I am perfectly confortable with this. I am therefore totally unconfortable with the RFC 3935 doctrine the IETF standards documents are a way to "influence" and therefore the tools of a policy (in favor of a set of undefined "core values"). Whatever your religion a byte is a byte.
jfc