Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

2005-12-25 22:06:24
Randy.Dunlap wrote:

--> "I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have
--> the time."

I love this quote.  Too bad it's not attributed.  Did you make
it up yourself?  I'd like to use it sometime...

(never saw an answer)

The internet shows a few attributions to some Mark Twain
and lots of attributions to some Blaise Pascal....

Anyway, the true ID internationalization is to make the IDs
short and concise so that non-native users of English are
not overwhelmed by the huge quantity and thin content of
the IDs.

There is no point to expand the character set only to make
the IDs illegible in most international environment and,
even if some environment support it, by most international
people.

                                                Masataka Ohta