Re: bozoproofing the net, was The Value of Reputation

2006-01-02 12:46:30

Harald,

I seem to have managed to provoke you to anger.

Not at all.  Were you trying to?

You, by continuing to attack the validity of my arguments without even attempting to address their substance,

Interesting assessment. Your assertions lacked substance and relevance and my comments addressed exactly those failings.

I made a point of being extremely precise about the nature and basis for the criticisms.

It is frankly astonishing that you have so completely missed this.

It is unfortunate that you seem to take such criticism as meaning someone is angry with you.

 and attempting to chastise me for
my logic while failing to apply any standards of rigor to your own, have managed to provoke me.

Here, again, you make an assertion without bothering to offer an explanation for its basis.

(Given that I made a point of attempting that rigor and feel relatively confident I succeeded, it is not surprising that you refrain from justifying your accusation.)

Feel free to remedy that, such as by citing what statements lack the necessary rigor.

Until further notice, I will not respond further to any statement you make in the IETF.
It's unlikely that I'll even read them.

But you won't refrain from posting this inflammatory declaration publicly?

How very constructive of you.

Come to think of it, your note has the qualities of being an ad hominem
attack...

d/

--

Dave Crocker