Diff tools (Was: Re: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-02 23:37:47
Yaakov,

Try CVS or SVN and diff - works for everyone.

Sorry, although I have such toys on my home computer
I am not allowed to install such unsupported SW
on my work computer.
Fortunately, there's still a solution for you.
You can run the diff tools even in the web, e.g.,
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht

Personally, I like the diff tools better than the
integrated support in Word, because they work
entirely on the result, and don't care if someone
(a) forgot to set the change tracking on (b) changed
text but changed it back too or (c) copied entire
paragraphs or sections from list e-mails or
text sent by co-authors not working with Word.

Hope this helps,

--Jari