Re: Alternative formats for IDs

2006-01-03 00:04:13
Yaakov,

> Word is of course out of the question since it is proprietary,
> undocumented, and unstable.  I hope we have consensus on that.
Sorry, no such consensus.

If you truly want to improve the IETF document format,
may I suggest that we drop the fighting on formats
that are known to be controversial, and concentrate on
finding solutions that have some likelihood of being
acceptable. For instance, we've got people backing
proposals involving PDF/A and HTML, possibly in
combination with XML. If we had a new proposal on
the table with the details it would be more constructive
to continue this discussion.

--Jari