Re: Baby Steps (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-05 10:29:57
Scott W Brim wrote:

For heuristic value ... Do you think there is a correlation between restricting ourselves to formats which are good for protocol specifications but not much else, and the skew in our success record toward problems solved by protocol specifications as opposed to the really complex system problems? :-)

Of course.

By the way, I like emacs picture mode. You can bind the keypad keys so that e.g. "3" means "draw toward the upper right".

This seems intuituve and easy, if your normal input device is a
telephone keypad.  Otherwise, why choose this example?

--
Unable to locate coffee.
Operator halted.