Re: objection to proposed change to "consensus"

2006-01-08 18:23:44
Ken Raeburn wrote:
This is not a change; this seems to be the way the IETF works. Many group gatherings work the same way; to me its an intuitive way of getting any/all objections brought up, or establishing that there aren't any, after a period of free discussion.

If it's not a change, then there's no need for text suggesting how the IESG should judge consensus in this matter, is there?

Apparently not.

I entered into what looked to me like a discussion-becoming-an-argument with what seemed like a useful clarification of the "rules", but even the desirability of doing so seems to have to fight to establish "concensus". That, to me, is more than I want to put on my plate.

I think I'll go back to lurking, and let those who are paid for this continue this discussion.

--
Unable to locate coffee.
Operator halted.