Re: Alternative formats for IDs

2006-01-13 13:50:20

Maybe we're attacking that part of it the wrong way.
What is it that makes those "cosmetic" changes, to "get the format
just right", so important?  Do we really care whether there's an
extra blank line, or the indentation is one character too much?

Well, yes, we do.  At least, the RFC Editor cares, and we believe
you should care too. Blank lines are not just randomly inserted... they are put in
to enhance readability, and they can make a significant difference.

RFCs are input to human readers, not machines.

Bob Braden