Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-04.txt

2006-01-19 12:52:54
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
Hi,

Here is the original announcement and the IETF URL.

Comments please !

I'm assuming this is going to be Informational only and as such not formally binding on the IAOC on the Secretariat.

In fact that should be made explicit that nothing in this document should be considered formally binding on the IAOC or the Secretariat and that it only represents "useful suggestions".

This IMHO should have come directly out of the IAOC as the subject matter is directly within their oversight and charter.

What is the relationship of this document to the IAOC?

Frankly there is'nt much about this document I like. It's a classic example of the current IETF fashion for process over substance.

 Title  : IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria
 Author(s) : J. Palet
 Filename : draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-04.txt
 Pages  : 18
 Date  : 2006-1-18
This document provides the IAD with technical and logistic criteria
   for selecting venues for IETF meetings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection
-criteria-04.txt
--

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.