Re: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-04.txt

2006-01-19 19:02:32
Hi Spencer,

I don't expect we have changes on the way we select venues for a few years.
Otherwise, the process for selecting them is not fair neither objective,
because a venue need to be selected (logistic reasons) at least 18-24 months
ahead. That means that lessons that we learn about what may be right or
wrong in the document will take more than 2 years to get debugged. Right now
we have already an experience of 20 years and we haven't changed too much
lots of things.

Moreover, we do changes in our documents, is not an issue if they are an RFC
or not.

And ... Being the document a guideline (may be BCP better than
Informational), is IAD the one that will take decisions about the venue
selection. I guess he will be smart enough to "correctly" apply the document
to the process. I've no doubt on that.

Regards,
Jordi