Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-04.txt

2006-01-19 15:05:18
From: "Paul Hoffman" <paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org>
At 2:28 PM -0500 1/19/06, Richard Shockey wrote:
It's a classic example of the current IETF fashion for process over substance.

Fully agree. What is the justification for this becoming an RFC?

Well, backing up slightly ...

How much of our process stuff (including existing BCPs) really needs to be published as an RFC?

Some does, I suppose, but "never changes" doesn't seem like the model we should search for on venue selection (the venue selection model used for the first 10 IETF meetings probably wouldn't have even booked us into Minneapolis, much less Adelaide!).

Having said this, I hope the IAOC does find this document useful input (because if they don't, people have sure been wasting zeros and ones on THIS list...

Thanks,

Spencer