Re: IETFs... the final Friday?

2006-01-23 15:10:00
Three comments on Friday scheduling:

1.
In my scheduling struggle as AD, I've always needed Fridays pretty
desperately, though I'm hopeful that with the RAI/TSV split, things
will be better.

2.
Some of us wondered if Friday would be more attractive if the net
didn't come down at noon, so that if you commit to staying for the WG
meeting on Friday morning, and you have a late flight, or fly out the
next morning, you can get some work or email done during the rest of
the day.

Anyone else find resonance with that?

3.
Finally, I noticed the IAD included a question about Friday meeting or
not in the survey we were invited to on 9 January.  Getting a sense of
peoples' views quantitatively is good, though that was a
self-selected group, rather than a random sample that could be
assigned a statistical mapping to the IETF population.

Allison