Re: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

2006-01-23 15:20:46
I vote in favor of keeping Mr.Morfin as a member of IETF. The greater number of
intelligent contributors, the better...

  This has been enough of a waste of time that we need to shift gears and focus
on important issues.

  Regardless of whether or not a differing viewpoint is respected, consensus or
no, it still gives me the opportunity to rethink aspects of important issues.

  Sincerely,
  Sean M. Dorman
  IT Manager, Network admin
  Sonitrol Security of Fresno

nick(_dot_)staff(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net wrote:
From: Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

Marshall,
I do not support approval of this PR-action.

Because.....??

Eliot-
  I don't mean any offense by this but the "Because" is the whole problem of
these PR-Actions.  Somehow "rough concensus" has turned into "the IESG is the
jury and the IETF members have to make convincing arguments one way or the
other".  The IESG need not be convinved of anything and the "because" is not
anyone's bussiness but yours (and is quite frankly off topic unless you start a
WG called "why I don't think so-and-so should play here anymore").
  I mean really, has anyone ever had their opinion changed because of something
someone said during these PR-Actions?  Because if you have you certainly didn't
share that with the rest of us (making your change of heart null unless you
mailed it to the IESG).
  Motion.  Vote.  NO CROSS TALK.  Decide.  Move on.
  Or just admit merely controlling who gets to speak isn't satisfying enough,
you must also convince everyone you are right   For that's the only reason for
these absurdities as I'm sure you already know.