RE: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

2006-01-23 11:09:51
Eliot,

        Plenty of time to ask why, once it becomes clear what the
prevalent opinion is.

        I personally find the question a bit on the obnoxious side
prior to that.  When seeking consensus, it is usually necessary
only to determine what the issues are in the minority opinion,
and largely "nosy-ness" and distraction to ask the basis of the
opinion among majority opinion holders.

        Consequently, people should first determine what direction
the group is leaning before hosing the discussion with a bunch
of questions about the why's and wherefore's of opinions.

--
Eric