Re: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

From: Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>

I can assure you that the IESG reads the opinions expressed
carefully and does not take such decisions lightly, one way
or the other.

Brian
Brian,
I was not questioning the IESG's decisions nor did I mean my question to imply
a long history of PR-Actions.  I was not tring to say that the IESG already has
their mind made up and ignores what we have to say - rather I was saying IETF
members already have their minds made up.  My point was was not a jab at anyone
- no one is doing anything bad, but I think it needs to be stressed that these
PR discussions are not changing peoples opinions anymore than as Marshall said,
one could be convinced to like a cookie they didn't like.
Since this is a rough consensus decision and since nobody's being convinced to
like something they don't, providing the "why's" of ones opinion only serves to
incite and drag on that which could be closed with a showing of agree/disagree.
I am not explaining myself well as it's too early in the morning and I have too
much to say.  Talk to Marshall he does a much better job than I.
nick