Re: how to declare consensus when someone ignores consensus

2006-01-23 20:26:29
    > From: nick(_dot_)staff(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net

    >> From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd(_at_)dial(_dot_)pipex(_dot_)com>

    >>> a debate on the humanity of capitol punishment?

    >> Do I assume that this punishment requires the malefactor to sit
    >> through a set period of congressional filibusters?

    > Capitol punishment is barbaric and cruel and the action of vindictive
    > people.

Ah, I suspect that Elwyn was gently pulling your leg about your inability to
spell "capital" (i.e. the death penalty) - "capitol" means "location of the
government" (and similar meanings, including the name of the building which
houses the US federal legislature, which is called "the Capitol") - and that
you've therefore missed the joke...

        Noel