Re: udp source address change

2006-02-10 08:05:35
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:20:37 -0800 (PST), "mharrima101 (sent by
Nabble.com)" <lists(_at_)nabble(_dot_)com> said:

mharrima> Is the behavior of the HP switch legal under UPD?   It seems
mharrima> to me as though this should not be allowed.

Protocols and implementations should generally respond using the
address to which the request packet was sent.  That being said, there
are sometimes protocol reasons not to do this and sometimes
implementations don't necessarily handle things properly internally.
But, I doubt most protocols ever specify the "legality" of what
address is used to respond to a request.

Thus, what should happen is what you want.  In reality, as you
noticed, some implementations fail to do this.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.