Re: STRAW PROPOSAL RFC Editor charter

2006-03-17 16:41:08
But I do not believe that the concept of an RFC Editor that is
independent of the IETF is a sustainable model at this time.

                      Harald

I think a degree of independence is an important part of the
checks and balances that have been established and is necessary
to attract a person of the stature needed to continue the role
of the RFC Series as the canonical documents that define the Internet.

If we consolidate too much, we cease to be an association of
individuals working together to produce a rough consensus and
working code and begin to resemble a corporate hierarchy.

Carl