Re: STRAW PROPOSAL RFC Editor charter

2006-03-20 12:40:06

On  17 Mar 2006, at 22:53, Leslie Daigle wrote:
Suggestion?  Are they independent submissions, or RFC Editor
contributions?  They are clearly not currently IAB, IETF
or IRTF docs...

The crisp distinction between "independent submission" and
"RFC Editor contribution" has so far eluded me.  If there is a
crisp definition for either or both, I would appreciate a pointer
to an RFC explaining the distinction.

As near as I can tell, these are the classes of not yet published
documents seeking to become RFCs that exist today:
        IETF contribution
        IRTF contribution
        IAB contribution
        RFC Editor contribution

Education, preferably with citations to RFC(s) would be very welcome.
As I understand it, the 2nd case (IRTF contribution) is currently
being discussed in an active I-D from the IRTF Chair.

Thanks,

Ran