Re: STRAW PROPOSAL RFC Editor charter

2006-03-20 10:48:11
Ran,

I could argue with quite a lot of what you say, but
I won't. Cutting to the chase:

RJ Atkinson wrote:
    The IAB (or possibly ISoc BoT, but more obviously IAB and
not the IESG) ought to be running and driving any process to create
or modify a formal RFC Editor charter, at least as long as we have
the current organisational structure.

The IAB is doing so. This thread was started by the IAB Chair
and I'm an IAB member.

  That process should be
as open as possible and should include specific outreach to members
of the Internet R&E community, not primarily focused on IETF folks.

I think it *should* be primarily focussed on the IETF and IRTF
communities. Those are, objectively, the people who generate the
overwhelming majority of RFCs.

    Brian