Re: Sponsors and influence (Re: Making IETF happening in different regions)

2006-03-25 10:43:12
Here is a guess at the rule we should impose:

A sponsor donating a sufficiently large amount may have a small booth for the sale of a single product that is a) unannounced or has been announced within the last [6] months, and b) appropriate for purchase and use by individuals.

I really think any attempt to write a rule is doomed. A guideline
or principle would be OK. Such as "It's OK to sell really cool geeky
stuff."  Suggestions for more formal language welcome.

  Brian