Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in AdditiontoASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-15 12:22:31
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:49:38AM -0600, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
* Use of MHTML as the archive packaging.
* Use of XHTML 1.0 as the document encoding.
* Use of a standard IETF defined style sheet.
* Use of PNG encoding for all images.

I'm in agreement with the first three, but I disagree with using PNG for
graphics.  PNG is a device output format that doesn't mesh with the other
three, which are media-neutral input formats.

He almost certainly misspelled SVG, another W3C standard for images
that's for all intents and purposes an XML-based, non-raster imagage
format with embedded text.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc