Re: The Accountable Web RE: not listening

2006-06-28 02:52:04
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
If we are going to do anything about the pedophile predators lurking in
Internet chat rooms we have to create the understanding that there is
accountability. The perverts would not approach a minor in a public area with
the type of advance they use in a chat room, they know that they can be
observed.
I claim Godwin.

Shouting "pedophile" or "terrorist" tends to shut down reasoned debate in most public spaces, and reduce the respect for facts to a level that is far below any level I'm willing to enter into debate on.

We shouldn't do that in the IETF.

               Harald