Re: IETF IPv6 platform configuration

2006-07-05 10:12:43
FTP over IPv4 stopped working for me about four weeks ago.  Like you, I get
'failed to establish connection'
immediately.  I flagged it as a problem and have had no response.  I can access
shadow sites ok

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Raeburn" <raeburn(_at_)MIT(_dot_)EDU>
Cc: <wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: IETF IPv6 platform configuration

On Jun 11, 2006, at 20:00, IETF Secretariat wrote:
All,
As you’re all aware, on 06/06/06 NSS successfully launched IPv6
services for
IETF Web, Mail, and FTP.

Has anyone had FTP work for them when not in "passive" mode since
this configuration change was made?

My site's got a clunky old ftp-based mirror script in use which at
first glance doesn't seem to know anything about passive mode, and it
hasn't fetched any new RFCs since a month ago.  Running ftp directly
(over ipv4, from a couple of machines, one of which has no ipv6
configuration and no recent software changes) doesn't work either,
commands like LIST get back "failed to establish connection"
immediately.

I'm probably going to throw away the mirror script anyway and switch
to rsync, but I'm still curious to know whether this is some weird
problem with our configuration (maybe a surprise related to the ipv6
changes?), or an intentional (but unannounced?) or unintentional
configuration change in ftp support at the server side....

Ken