Re: Response to the Appeal by JFC Morfin dated 2006-02-17 - 2006-05-17.

2006-07-10 15:12:28
Two appeals have been responded today. A first reading shows an impressive distance between the response and the matter of the appeal. By respect for the IETF and duty to the IETF users I represent, I will however appeal to the IAB.

The real issue is the interoperability between the Multilingual Internet as the world wants it, and the Internationalized Internet as a small number of locally dominant stakeholders wants to impose it. This is why it is important to obtain clear texts permitting clear interconnects, or clear circumventions. I painstakingly obtained such texts with RFC 3066 Bis together with the serious IESG response to my appeal. The second BCP 47 Draft has been approved. As for the first part, it will be carefully appealed to obtain a complete review of the BCP 47, in the hope the IESG's answer will be of the same quality as for the first part. If necessary and appeal to the IAB will be carried, in the hope to force the IESG to respect our RFC 3066 Bis consensus.

The interest of the today answers is to confirm that the current violation of the RFC 3066 Bis is a deliberate IESG policy, purposely reinstalling the confusion RFC 3066 Bis prevents. This is why it is important to carry the full appeal procedure, so no one can doubt that every clarification effort has been undertaken and everyone can benefit from it.

Then, users from all over the world and the international community will decide how to consider the influence (cf. RFC 3935) of so few using their accidental dominant position to curb the culture, the languages, the expectations, the economy of so many, instead of serving them.

jfc