Re: Response to the Appeal by JFC Morfin dated 2006-02-17 - 2006-05-17.

2006-07-12 17:15:05
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Joe Abley wrote:

On 12-Jul-2006, at 15:45, Dean Anderson wrote:

I make no claims that anycast is definitively safe for protocols and
services which don't involve trivial, stateless transactions.

Really?  That's a big change.

Really? There has been text to that effect in the draft since -00.

Searching draft 4 just now, I can find no instances of the words "safe",
"trivial", or "stateless" in the draft.  So, I suppose, quite literally,
it is true that you didn't make such a claim in the __draft__.  But you
and your group did make these assurances elsewhere.  This is sort of
legalistically dishonest: Rather like an unscrupulous used car dealer
claiming he never promised the car would start in the sales contract,
even though he did say so on the lot.

I did notice a number of "bait and switch" between draft 02 and 03
(which I noted to you and the IESG).  In those cases, you quietly
weakened the statements made.  For example: