Re: Response to the Appeal by JFC Morfin dated 2006-02-17

2006-07-11 15:33:35
At 21:41 11/07/2006, Sam Hartman wrote:
It is my personal opinion that Jefsey was trying to be legalistic, and
the IESG was legalistic in its response.

Dear Sam,
I only want one single thing: interoperability between the internet of the users and the RFC 3935 IETF Internet as long as it survives. Between a Multilingual, Multicultural, Multilateral, Multinational, Multitechnology etc. Internet and the outdated Internationalized Internet which delays it for reasons the IAB clarified a long ago in RFC 3869.

RFC 3935 says "The mission of the IETF is to produce ... documents that influence the way people design, use, and manage the Internet ... [] The Internet isn't value-neutral, and neither is the IETF. We want the Internet to be useful for communities that share our commitment to openness and fairness. We embrace technical concepts such as decentralized control, edge-user empowerment and sharing of resources, because those concepts resonate with the core values of the IETF community. These concepts have little to do with the technology that's possible, and much to do with the technology that we choose to create."

I wanted the IESG to clearly state what are the core values of the IETF community and their legitimacy to influence the world. Because they have little to do with the technology that's possible, and much to do with the technology that the IETF leaders (cf. RFC 3935) and the IESG choose to create. I wanted the IESG to document what it considers as "openness and fairness". To show our core difference.

Because the technology that is possible and I choose to create has much to do with human rights and I believe it is technically far more efficient for that very reason. The reason why we oppose is described in http://nicso.org/equilang.htm the WG-LTRU opposed.

Legalistic, elastic, autocratic... I know of no other way to consider the HR for technicians than what they must live by to make sure the technology they produce will work better for the human beings. A nd will eventually lead to better economic development.

Also, I know of no other way to respond an appeal than to speak the Truth.

jfc