Re: Meetings in other regions

2006-07-15 22:44:02

John C Klensin wrote:
   the IETF's goal is to do its work as>> efficiently
as possible, and that means assembling at locations that are
(on some sort of average) convenient for our active
participants.
   * picking places within those countries or regions that have
   good airports with easy (and multiple) international
   connections.  Even San Diego is a little marginal in that
   * picking places where we can be assured of adequate, and
   rock-solid, connectivity at both the meeting site and, if
   different, the hotel(s).
My own view, even if it is not politically correct, is that IETF should
leave the outreach to exotic places to ISOC, ICANN, and others
    But let's stick to the places from which we have
adequate participation and where we can run an efficient meeting with
efficient transport to and from the location.

+1 to each of these points.

d/