Re: San Diego (was RE: Meetings in other regions)

2006-07-19 10:56:42
On 7/19/06 1:47 PM, "Iljitsch van Beijnum" <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com>
wrote:
All in all, San Diego seems like a pretty bad choice for a meeting
place: it's even hard to get to from inside the US, and it's as far
as you can get from Europe without leaving the continental US.

I'm not crazy about it either, but not because it's difficult to
get to.  Accessibility is a question of travel facilities, and
there are very nice places in the US that are a heck of a lot
harder to get to than San Diego, even on the east coast.  I live
in one of those places on the US east coast, and there are very
few places I can get to in Europe or Asia or even Canada without
having to change planes at least twice.  So, in terms of
reachability San Diego isn't that bad.  My disagreement with San
Diego is that the meeting facilities there have been consistently
lousy.

Melinda