Proposal for slightly modified vetting commitment.

2006-07-27 20:42:42
FWIW - (I have an idea about recreating the peer-based standards process to
not only build oversight into it to prevent one set of peers from
interfering with another set of peers efforts, something that runs rampant
in this IETF and causes tremendous damage to some initiatives, but a process
that WILL lead to more IETF standards for the Trust to hawk.)

if...     Someone were to propose a project to the IESG under the IETF's IP
ownership controls, and in the process were to define:

    1)    Those vetting the technologies - and their roles in the vetting
process
            What was to constitute proper vetting - and how it were to be
recorded
    2)    Those performing the prototyping of the properties
            Identifying in the Project Plan who was going to do the physical
ports and a commitment from the Sponsors to make that happen.
    3)    and the plans for the project were all laid out... including the
test, interoperability and otherwise technologies

would the IESG protect this initiative and allow it to be started and
completed? This is a totally reasonable question about the IESG and what it
needs to control.

Todd Glassey