Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-00.txt]

2006-08-11 00:51:25
Sam Hartman wrote:
"Brian" == Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:

    Brian> This is a personal draft written following some discussion
    Brian> in the recent General Area open meeting. Comments welcome.
    Brian> I am already aware that it needs to be reconciled with
    Brian> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/statement-disruptive-posting.txt

I'm not sure much reconciliation is required.  I'd certainly prefer
non-normative reconciliation --saying something like "Non-working group lists are
not currently covered by BCP; see this statement for the procedures at the time of
approval at this draft," to normative reconciliation.

I agree with that - that was about all I had in mind.

My preference stems from a desire to make as few changes as possible.
If the community wants to normatively define non-working-group lists
and can come to consensus on this, that would be fine too.

Quite so. I regrad that as in scope for the effort Jim Galvin kicked
off before Montreal.

   Brian