Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-00.txt]

2006-08-10 06:31:00
I regard a 6-month ritual of:

1) Unsuspending Jefsey from ietf-languages
2) Waiting until Jefsey discovers his unsuspension
3) Wading through Jefsey posts until everyone's sure he's still as incomprehensible as before 4) Convincing my then-current AD that it's time for another 6-month suspension
5) Suspending Jefsey for another 6 months
6) Dealing with his appeal of the suspension to the AD
7) Dealing with his appeal of the suspension to the IESG
8) Dealing with his appeal of the suspension to the IAB
9) Dealing with his appeal of the violation of his human rights to the ISOC BoD

as a silly waste of energy, an affront to people's sanity, and harmful to the IETF.

draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment has been approved for 2 months at this point. While it disallows procedures that suspend people beyond November 2007, a procedure authorized under that umbrella would be a much better first step.

Don't throw away the umbrella because you're buying a raincoat next week. It's still raining.

                       Harald

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
This is a personal draft written following some discussion
in the recent General Area open meeting. Comments welcome.
I am already aware that it needs to be reconciled with
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/statement-disruptive-posting.txt

    Brian