Re: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

2006-08-31 15:58:10
On 8/31/06 at 9:38 AM +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Full disclosure: My personal opinion, which I *did* give to Lynn and Andrew when I became aware of this glitch, is that a reset is the only way to be certain that the selection process is unbiased.

Brian, the fact that Andrew Cc'ed you on the issue was (IMO) not a good idea in the first place, but given that your position is one of those being selected, the fact that you expressed an opinion at all was phenomenally irresponsible. Now, in addition to questions about Andrew's motivations for doing the reset (the theoretical "Did he want a 'do-over' because he didn't like the outcome?"), we also have to contend with whether *you* influenced the process deliberately because *you* didn't like the outcome. Unbelievably ill-advised on your part.

I will refrain from giving my opinion on what Andrew should do at this point.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102