Re: IESG response and questions to the normative reference experiment (draft-klensin-norm-ref-01.txt)

2006-09-01 09:36:49
Brian Carpenter wrote:

one way of looking at this is that it relaxes the
requirements for normative downreferences in RFC 3967

That's apparently "explicitly mention it in the last call"
for some time, after that the downref can be considered as
known and accepted, and it doesn't need to be mentioned in
further last calls.

That's apparently as simple as possible.  The experiment
would replace the warning in the last call by a warning in
the references.  I probably miss the point.

there is sufficient support for this part of the experiment
that simply writing a BCP is a better approach than running
an experiment.

Please keep the warning in the last call.  Putting a warning
also in the references is a good idea.  I don't see why...

| The IESG may, at its discretion, specify the exact text to be
| used

...that's necessary.  3967bis could copy bullet 2 in 3.1 of
the draft as is.

Frank