Re: IESG response and questions to the normative reference experiment (draft-klensin-norm-ref-01.txt)

2006-09-04 03:17:31

Looking at the current RFC editor queue, I count 25 IETF documents in
MISSREF*R state. A good number of been waiting for roughly a year, one
document for nearly 3.

Let's be clear that the experiment wouldn't automatically release
all of those 25 documents.  It would only allow ones to be released
that refer (normatively) to
  "o  Internet-Drafts of Standards Track documents for which IESG review
      has been completed and Protocol Action or Document Action notices
      have been issued."

The second question we're asking addresses this case. "In particular,
please let the IESG know about upcoming work where being able to reference
approved Internet Drafts from RFCs would be useful; please explain how it
would be useful."

    Brian