Re: NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be lack ofcommunicaiton here...

2006-09-05 08:12:35
Phillip - I asked that years ago when I was part of DNSO (Feel free to jump
in any time Hey- The IETF needs to admit it has a real membership and vote
on things. I think the NOMCOM process is a sham and setup with some
technological spin to justify its independence when the whole process needs
to be done away with.

For today - I'll settle for term limits - 2 or at most 3 passes through
NOMCOM for life - doesn't matter what the roles are. But I also want formal
plans from the parties selected and published. I want to know what it is
those parties volunteering to fill those roles plan to do while their in
office.

By the way - the NOMCOM process is also quite biased in that eliminates
people who don't attend the meetings but who may be of tremendous value to
the Program. Anyone who cannot afford the global travel required is exempted
from the process and based on that its pretty funny. The NOMCOM  process is
neither fair nor reasonable in a day and age where remote appearances are OK
for most any and all meetings.

Todd