RE: NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be lack ofcommunicaiton here...

2006-09-05 07:06:41
I don't see any issue with NOMCON term limits.

The question to ask is why is there a NOMCON at all. Why not do what every
other major professional body does and hold elections with the electorate being
defined in the same way that NOMCON membership is?

I am not aware that this procedure has caused significant problems in the IEEE
or the ABA. Those are also volunteer organizations.

-----Original Message-----
From: todd glassey [mailto:tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:11 AM
To: Bill Fenner; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be
lack ofcommunicaiton here...

I originally said two...and would prefer that.

What I am saying is that there should be a total of two or
three instances as a NOMCOM candidate and that is a much
different statement than figuring who is in office now and
who is eligible...As to what it prevents-career Internet
Standards jockey's.

And since the purpose is to keep the IETF honest, I want the
same term limits for any and all IETF positions, including
the TRUST as well.

By the way - has anyone seen a Business Plan for the TRUST
and what it is supposed to do? I don't mean some fictional
set of ideas - I mean the business plan. I want to see
exactly what the Trust is responsible for and how its to be measured,

Todd