Re: NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

2006-09-05 07:21:13

--On Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:11 AM -0700 todd glassey <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> wrote:

I originally said two...and would prefer that.

What I am saying is that there should be a total of two or
three instances as a NOMCOM candidate and that is a much
different statement than figuring who is in office now and who
is eligible...As to what it prevents-career Internet Standards
jockey's.

And since the purpose is to keep the IETF honest, I want the
same term limits for any and all IETF positions, including the
TRUST as well.

By the way - has anyone seen a Business Plan for the TRUST and
what it is supposed to do? I don't mean some fictional set of
ideas - I mean the business plan. I want to see exactly what
the Trust is responsible for and how its to be measured,

Todd,

Term limit ideas for IESG, IAB, and others, and even a suggestion that no one should be able to serve on consecutive Nomcoms, have been floated multiple times and have gone nowhere. I believe the latest attempt was as part of draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt, which appears to be going nowhere as well.

If you have a proposal here, I recommend that you make it in the form of an Internet Draft that is specific enough that people can actually comment on, or respond to, it. And, since proposals that have been fairly strongly motivated haven't even progressed to a WG review or IETF Last Call, I recommend that you justify your preferences in someone more detail than saying "I want". In this area, there is clear evidence that no one cares about what you want or, for that matter, what I want.

Just my opinion.
   john