NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

2006-09-04 07:54:57
RE: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...Its time to talk about
term limits for NOMCOM appointments. Two or maybe three terms at most are
enough. If the IETF cannot bring in fresh management blood then it has become
unnecessary and a vehicle through which only those initiatives approved by the
sitting management ever get undertaken.

Its time for some reform.

Todd Glassey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
  To: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 ; IETF-Discussion
  Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:24 PM
  Subject: RE: Now there seems to be lack of communication here...

  Actually the scheme I propose does not depend on pre-announcement of the
list, only providing a proof of registration.

  I have not worked out exactly to avoid every attack but there is certainly no
need to publish everyone's email address - although it is odd that you would
mention that as the IETF is currently publishing my telephone number I gave
when registering for a previous IETF. Certainly every selected member of NOMCON
has to be reachable by email.

  All you require is a unique identifier. It could be the participant's name.
If a person is registered twice and this is detected then you use the name that
occurs first in some canonical ordering.

  The registration mechanism could be a Web form that you fill in that causes a
receipt to be sent to the email address specified. That way a registrant has a
proof that they registered and can use that to challenge the list.