Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 08:52:41
Hi,

On Sep 6, 2006, at 12:22, Edward Lewis wrote:
E.g., if Brad Pitt were under consideration for the Hollywood Area and he was up against a little known Joe Blow, the Nomcom might also seek information about Robert Redford and Paul Newman (and others) to throw everyone off the trail that Brad Pitt was up for nomination.

I personally found it a bit demotivating in the past to not know whether the effort spent on writing detailed inputs to NomCom was "wasted", because I was commenting on a dummy candidate that wasn't actually running.

Public candidate lists without dummies may motivate people to spend more effort on writing NomCom inputs, because all input would contribute to the final decision.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories