Re: Why cant the IETF embrace an open Election Process rather than some

2006-09-11 09:42:28
Todd,

As one of the randoms (and speaking for nobody but myself)...

The facts remain - most IETF WG participants have no idea what is going on
here - and that is not their fault - its the fault of the design of the IETF

Personally I've no huge problem with the nomcom.

However, if you feel it needs to change, then the usual method would
be to write two drafts.  The first a problem statement describing the
issues with the current system, and the second a proposal of how to
change it.  That way there is something concrete to discuss.

If people have no idea what is going on, one of the reasons could be
because it is spread out over several dozen email messages rather than
a couple of focused documents.

YES. In fact I ran a small survey and got a 97% YES response. 97%...

I guess this is relatively meaningless without a context into the
community from which the responses were received.

All the best,
Rob