Re: Its about mandate RE: Why cant the IETF embrace an openElection Process

2006-09-15 17:02:29
Sorry Andy - about that my fat fingered double SS turns 'as' into... Sorry.

----- Original Message -----
From: "todd glassey" <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>
To: "Andy Bierman" <ietf(_at_)andybierman(_dot_)com>; "Hallam-Baker, Phillip"
<pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: Its about mandate RE: Why cant the IETF embrace an openElection
Process

Andy - Financially Motivated companies can maneuver and abuse the current
process

as

simply as have 5 or voices on any mailing list.

What happens is that the IESG says there were be only one WG of any type
and
so that eliminates because those running the WG regularly refuse to accept
initiatives with they either personally don't like or that threaten others
that are under way in their WG's...

For instance - would Harald H ever let me run an initiative through IPR? -
not a chance and his refusal to allow me to file my drafts under his WG is
violation of the IETF charter, and tortuous interference by he and the
IESG
to prevent me from 'changing how the IETF operates'.

The issue is that Peer-Review without proper oversight is an invitation to
fraud and tortuous interference with others initiatives and the IETF is
hip
deep in the middle of it IMHO

Todd Glassey