Re: Facts, please, not handwaving [Re: Its about mandate RE: Why cant the IETF embrace an open Election Process]

2006-09-20 05:24:58
Spencer remembered:
My understanding (as author of three of the proposals) was that for most of
the time newtrk was in existence, the working group's attention was focused
on ISDs as a way of avoiding the need to tackle the 3 stage process. So I'm
not sure there was even a call for consensus on adopting any of the
proposals as a working group document.

almost

the newtrk chair (at least) felt that ISD would remove the issue of how
many stages by taking a different path

Scott