Re: Comments on draft-dusseault-caldav-15 and draft-newman-i18n-comparator-14

2006-09-25 11:46:51
Lisa Dusseault writes:
Last week Ted & I were discussing whether one could define a Very Liberal Comparator (VLC) for general use. It would be handy to have one which matched e with E, é, è É... and matched o with O, ø, ô, and so on. That would help in calendar searching use cases, e.g. a user who can't type in accents (or doesn't know how) wants to find the invitation from André by searching for "andre".

You're talking about i;basic;level=1 ;)

You may also be talking about i;basic: During its life as part of draft-newman-i18n-comparator the default level was partly 1 and partly 3 (IIRC and don't hold me to it). I don't know which level is the best default (which was one of the reasons for splitting it out).

Comments welcome (to me personally, please): Which level is the right default? http://unicode.org/reports/tr10/#Multi_Level_Comparison lists the possibilities.

Arnt