Re: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

2006-10-09 14:42:14
So then Ted are you formally saying that it is inappropriate to discuss IETF
operations or its processes on the IETF(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG mailing list?

The problem with the IPR working group is simply that Harald kicks people
off for disagreeing with him or his very limited charter. He doesn't want to
hear about expanding the charter or how these other issues fit into the IPR
Working Group and in doing so he is violating my and others participatory
rights as well as our First Amendment rights I believe too.

Todd Glassey.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Theodore Tso" <tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>
To: "todd glassey" <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>
Cc: "Brian E Carpenter" <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<nea(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 01:54:51PM -0700, todd glassey wrote:
No you are wrong Ted, and its pretty funny too.  As it happens you are
incorrect for saying that this is inappropriate for the IETF's lists.

You need to dig farther into the WIPO Site and find all the State
Signatures
to the Treaties - its them that the IETF is bound by whether it likes it
or
not.  Since the countries through with the IETF's actions operate
including
the meetings, are all signatories to the WIPO Treaties you are exactly
stuck
with them.

I said it was inappropraite for the IETF list.  If you have specific
ideas as they relate to the ipr working group, feel free to be
specific about specific WIPO treaties that have resulted in national
legislation, and specific changes to be made to IETF's IPR policies,
feel free to make them on that list, but not on the main IETF list,
please.

Thanks,

- Ted