RE: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

2006-10-10 17:14:07
I'm sorry to enter this fray, but I'd like to point out that while I
respect Todd's request to know who is accusing him and why, the rest of
us don't need to be copied that information. In fact, it is better that
we aren't copied because to do so would be unfair to the complainer(s).

Discipline is a difficult task to do fairly and because of this there
are many advantages in respectfully permitting the protagonists to have
privacy during key parts of the process.

-----Original Message-----
From: todd glassey [mailto:tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:51 PM
To: jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

Yes actually you do -how does anyone complained against know who is
complaining or why? - if the complaints are not public then the
oversight is not real - its a paper fiction - a lie in print.

Speaking of lies in print this is why IETF complaints are addressed and
penalties for them assessed before the appeal can be resolved - because
the IETF's oversight policy and practice model is ineffective and setup
to allow the IETF to exact whatever penalties it wants from individuals
without the benefit of the appeal or the appeal process.

So YES I want to know specifically who complained.

Todd Glassey